Conflict of Interest with Related Party Transaction

Irish Kayaking and Canoeing discussion forum.

Moderators:Seanie, EoinH

leftism
Re: Conflict of Interest with Related Party Transaction

Post by leftism » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:25 pm

Seanie wrote:
Liz I have a question, and you seem to be in the know. When Mr O'Connell "back dated" the controversial contract for Mr Scanlon, the contract with two retirement packages, what company were the retirement packages with?
LIKE!

roshaw_87

Re: Conflict of Interest with Related Party Transaction

Post by roshaw_87 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:29 am

I've thanked BOB before and I thank him again, I also thank Pat as are new chairperson and Noel as are Treasure for going through the effort of reading these posts and responding to them. As a member I feel I am being listened to and having important questions answered. I was incapable of writing a reasoned and calm response when I heard that Eamon Devoy was still on the selection panel but BOB's comments on that thread and knowing Pat read them has put me at ease and I wait patiently confident that this board and this executive are behaving transparently. And thanks even more if they have doubts about the this website as a forum to discuss such matters and still made that effort. Anyone can join this forum under any user name and to lend creditability to your opinions I think paddlers* should make themselves identifiable.

* I was going to say CI members but I think those who have chosen not to join or renew membership still have a valuable input in debating matters related to Canoeing Ireland, not least what to do about dwindling membership.

I grew up in Dublin and learnt to paddle in the West of Ireland. I share the view that the ICU was overly Dublin focused, I think this current board may be the ones to change this to represent Ireland more fairly. I attended two ADM's (CI general and TDU)In Dublin this year and had the chance to vote on four board positions, If I do so again next year I will have increased this to 6 as Noel and BOB come up for re election(that's me hoping they will run again). Unless I attend a futher seven ADM's also held in Dublin*I will not have a chance to vote for the rest of the board. It takes me 3 hours driving from my residence on the Mayo/Galway border to get to the M50. The lads from West Cork have an even longer drive. It's simply harder for us to be involved when, to have a say in the election of the entire board it takes nine seperate trips to Dublin. Thats 54 hours behind the wheel for me before I've spent even one minute In a meeting.I believe either disciplines are removed from having a vote all together at board level, or in conjunction with the majority vote being given to the general ADM the sub committees be made by the board to hold their AGM's in ONE place over ONE weekend so as all members have a chance to attend. I know thats a big ask but can anyone else come up with a solution that allows all members a chance to attend every ADM?(9 adms back to back is still a big ask.)

*I don't know for a fact that all sub committee ADM's are in Dublin and the freestyle committee are good for holding the ADM's at events around the country.

Can the members of the board and executive firstly express your own opinion on this and also raise this at the next board meeting or do I need to put this in a email and send it to the office?

Ps the email addresses for the executive need updating on the CI website
087 9862517/ [email protected]
Intelligence is what you use when you dont know what to do