Boluisce land access issues - Part Deux

Irish Kayaking and Canoeing discussion forum.

Moderators:Seanie, EoinH

davepierse
Boluisce land access issues - Part Deux

Post by davepierse » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:05 pm

Just to let anyone planning on running the Boluisce that the attached note was left on our car parked above the dam, opposite the laneway, on Saturday.

It's unsigned which is unfortunate but i'm trying to find out who the owner might be.

Please be uber respectful if anyone challenges you while using the lane way and maybe try to get a contact number. Also, as there's cattle on the land make sure to close the gates/ not climb on crap gates (I know it probably doesn't need to be said but I decided i'd say it anyway.)

I'll leave it to peoples own judgement whether they want to use the lane or not. There's alternate access from the top of the lake but i've never been there. Maybe someone who's done a level four could post this up?
Attachments
Bol Uisce.pdf
(175.81KiB)Downloaded 619 times

dermo99

Re: Boluisce land access issues - Part Deux

Post by dermo99 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:44 pm

Reference the official long start at top of the lake, there is some information in the Boluisce guide on this site Dave
http://www.irishwhitewater.com/river_gu ... .php?id=27

There is also a summary on the GKC web site as was a discussion in our forum in the past
http://galwaykayakclub.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=3&t=767

Bit longer paddle for sure but not too bad.

J.K.

Post by J.K. » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:50 pm

That's strange, I've always heard that there was a right of way established to get access to the water down that path.

The land registry office will tell you who owns that land Dave, and if there is a right of way, public or private, established.

Seanie

Post by Seanie » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:54 pm

I'm fairly sure its private and no right of way exists as afar as the lake (there might be a right of way for part of it). We were once told it was ok to use it once we closed the gate. That's almost 10 years ago and it was just to a few of us paddling that day. Best use the lake put on.

davepierse

Post by davepierse » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:29 pm

I started looking at the land reg maps today but I couldn't ID the folio and the path doesn't seem to be marked on the maps. If there's an easement it is most likely a private one and not a public one.

I'll do some more research in the next week.