[Split from]Canoe Ireland Wishlist

Irish Kayaking and Canoeing discussion forum.

Moderators:Seanie, EoinH

BOB
Re: Canoe Ireland Wishlist

Post by BOB » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:15 pm

[Removed by request from the author, BOB]

BOB

Post by BOB » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:28 pm

BOB

Post by BOB » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:31 pm

BOB

Post by BOB » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:28 am

caz

Post by caz » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:34 pm

Was just about to post a thanks to BOB for the replies but they've now been deleted, huh?

kev

Post by kev » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:53 pm

Just noticed that Brendan has taken his posts down. I hope he didnt come under pressure as a result of posting on the site

Seanie

Post by Seanie » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:22 am

I've removed this thread from the announcements because one of the board members was asked to remove their content by a member of the executive committee and it doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

I have no idea why he was asked to take it down, it was all pretty innocent stuff that was actually some good PR for the ICU for once.

noeltal

Removed by User

Post by noeltal » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:30 pm

Removed by User.

kev

Post by kev » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:22 pm

Sounds like Seanie's post was factually accurate so Noel - you a member of the executive asked him to take a post down as opposed to discussing it on this forum

Its disappointing to see that secrecy still seems to be the accepted norm.

Seanie

Post by Seanie » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:01 pm

noeltal wrote:The facts are that I took exception to one of Bob's posts which referred not only to me but also to my son in what I considered to be an inappropriate manner.
What on earth are you babbling about man!? I have reviewed the posts in question and there was nothing inappropriate posted. Either amend your post or I'll be forced to re-post Bobs comment to prove there is no veracity to your claim.

noeltal

Removed by User

Post by noeltal » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:29 pm

Removed by User.

Adrians

Post by Adrians » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:32 pm

noeltal wrote:attack on members of my family - BACK OFF!

Attack?

Seanie did you say something apart from the previous post?

Seanie

Post by Seanie » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:35 pm

I haven't said one thing other than what I have posted on this thread.
Seanie wrote:
noeltal wrote:The facts are that I took exception to one of Bob's posts which referred not only to me but also to my son in what I considered to be an inappropriate manner.
What on earth are you babbling about man!? I have reviewed the posts in question and there was nothing inappropriate posted. Either amend your post or I'll be forced to re-post Bobs comment to prove there is no veracity to your claim.
And I just got this private message. I will not tolerate this sort of abuse.
noeltal wrote:Seanie,

I will not make this posting public becuase I feel so hurt by it but just who the fuck do you think you are and how dare you talk to me or about me or any member of my family like that? I can take criticism - I put my self up in public and expect to be abused but I do not expect my family to be abused and certainly not by you.

If you want to talk about canoeing talk about canoeing but dont descend into insults!

My son has his own private life and any mention of him or anything to do with him on your site is completely out of bounds. He was completely embarassed by Bob's posting and had every right to be. Bob had no right to mention him and neither do you.

If you want to criticise me feel free I am big enough to take it but when you or any other poster to this piece of shit website that passes for rational discussion starts to mention my family I take serious exception to it. I am normally a quiet kind of person but attack my son and you attack me.

If you had any shred of human decency or even rationality in you at all you would take this posting down and behave like a moderator should - making sure that people's comments do not stray into the kind of abuse that you so clearly allow.

Noel Tallon.
For the record I took the posts down immediately when requested to do so. I asked Noel to amend his post making the claim that Bob made inappropriate comments about himself or his son or I'd post Bobs comment to prove that their was no veracity to Noels claim.

Here's the post in question;
BOBs Post wrote: Well Leftism
The good news is some mebers of the board accept the lack of communications from "the ICU" is a major weakness .
Noel Talon for one proposed a blog of some sort to keep members updated for instance. I would be keen on an ICU facebook page ( the Marathon facebook page has worked well) You canbt beieive the difficulty we had even getting a "Liffey Descent" tab set up on the ICU web page - a big thanks to Peter TAllon for making this happen. There is literally tonnes and tonnes to do to get the ICU even close to beingon the right track - so if your interested or willing contact us ! Bob
Noel, I have no intention of being bulled by you or your dramatics. No one said anything like what you are claiming.

Your message to me is just one post in a long line of disgraceful posts you have made to this forum. You claim you want to talk about canoeing, I would like to invite you and everyone else to review your recent contributions to this forum, your tone has been abusive and you've haven't talked about canoeing for a while.