[Split from]Canoe Ireland Wishlist

Irish Kayaking and Canoeing discussion forum.

Moderators:Seanie, EoinH

noeltal
Removed by User

Post by noeltal » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:00 pm

Removed by User.

Adrians

Re: SEANIE YOU HAVE GONE TOO FAR NOW FUCK OFF!

Post by Adrians » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:05 pm

I can't believe I just read that or that I am replying....

But what the hell?
noeltal wrote: Neither Bob nor you nor any other poster to this web site has any right to mention any member of my family.
Bob wrote:a big thanks to Peter TAllon for making this happen
Bob was thanking your son for his help.
noeltal wrote: I suspect that many of your fellow travellers on this site are also unlikely to be at the ADM and even if they are they will also be too cowardly to identify themselves to me.

Noel I will be there and I'll make sure to say hi!

Adrian

Seanie

Re: SEANIE YOU HAVE GONE TOO FAR NOW FUCK OFF!

Post by Seanie » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:11 pm

Noel, what on earth are you raving about? I have never mentioned your family. I have never met your son, I don't know your son, I didn't even know you had a son, until today!! And I never made ANY comments about him!I literally have no clue what you are talking about.

I would love to know this vile remark you are referring to?

Here's the context for those of you that are finding this hard to understand (as I am):
http://forum.iww.ie/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=939&start=13

For added context Noel is the Treasurer of the ICU.

noeltal

Removed by User

Post by noeltal » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:20 pm

Removed by User.

noeltal

Removed by User

Post by noeltal » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:22 pm

Removed by User.

Seanie

Re: Canoe Ireland Wishlist

Post by Seanie » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:24 pm

I'm lost for words. I honestly have no idea how to respond.

kev

Post by kev » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:27 pm

noeltal wrote:Adrian,

Neither you nor Seanie seem to get the simple message. Whether a comment about my son is is favourable or unfavourable Bob had no right to reference him in the first instance. As far as I am concerned this was an unwanted and what is more unacceptable invasion of privacy.

I am open to criticism and and have no real problem with it but the line has to be drawn somewhere.

If Seanie believes that even the members of Board members families are no open to critcism he needs to wake up and become a fully rounded hunman being. Unfortunately that is precisely what he does not seem to be.
Noel, Bob was actually complimenting you on your hard work. Nobody has criticised your son or anybody else... your son was being praised.

- anybody has the right to reference somebody favourably in the course of normal discussion

- you have just launched an entirely unprovoked attack for no good reason, none of your family was being critised

- Bobs posts were actually very good PR for the ICU, actually engaging with peoples concerns and issues as he was trying to do is what the ICU needs

- Is censorship the way forward for the ICU? is that the new direction that we are headed in

I will also be at the AGM

Kevin O'Hara

noeltal

Removed by User

Post by noeltal » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:28 pm

Removed by User.

Adrians

Post by Adrians » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:35 pm

noeltal wrote:Board members families are no open to critcism he needs to wake up and become a fully rounded hunman being. Unfortunately that is precisely what he does not seem to be.

I will repeat what I have already said he is a bully and a coward.
Noel,

I say this in the best intentions possible, stop before you embarrass your self or the executive board further. No one is attacking your family what so ever.

A fellow member of the Canoe Ireland board praised your son for his help. from what I can gather your son is a grown man and Bob was saying thinks. No more no less.

Noel I think you will find if you look behind the user names who have posted on the man Canoe Ireland related threads you will find those who have run clubs, run countless events and given their time just like you have all for the better of paddle sports here in Ireland.

We are all on the same side, sure the discussions have gotten a little heated but our goals are all similar. To make paddle sport better for everyone in Ireland in every way possible.

The resource that is Irish White Water has probably done more to include those involved in paddle sports that do not compete that anything that has come before it.

So lets all take a deep breath and see what has actually been said and that the positive from it rather that take cheap shots on line.

I look forward to meeting you in person on the 26th.

Adrian

noeltal

Removed by User

Post by noeltal » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:38 pm

Removed by User.

Seanie

[Split from]Canoe Ireland Wishlist

Post by Seanie » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:49 pm

noeltal wrote:On what basis do you think that an invasion of anyone's privacy especially when it is not welcome is allowable?
Noel. No ones privacy was invaded. You have problem with someone giving praise to your twenty something year old son on the forum for the work he has done on the ICU website, fine. Bob asked me to removed it and I did. But it was not in anyway an invasion of privacy or anything coming close. I had no clue as to the real reason he was asked to remove the posts.

You then made the allegation that Bob posted in an "inappropriate manner". I asked you to either amend this statement or I'd post exactly what Bob posted in order to refute your nonsense. That led to what can only be describe as several outbursts by you. I'm sure your son is more embarrassed by your posts that by anything Bob ever posted.

noeltal

Removed by User

Post by noeltal » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:03 pm

Removed by User.

davepierse

Post by davepierse » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:31 pm

I think the fact that he's indulged you thus far is testament to the fact that he's fairly anti censorship.

Dave Pierse
Not an ICU member,
Not going to the AGM,
Going Paddling.