Seanie V Noel (a spot for the lads to duke it out)

Irish Kayaking and Canoeing discussion forum.

Moderators:Seanie, EoinH

Brendan
Seanie V Noel (a spot for the lads to duke it out)

Post by Brendan » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:50 pm

Gentlemen,
Perhaps you could limit your spat to this thread - the rest of us would appreciate it.

(For the record, I think both of you do good work and I have no wish to offend either of you, but I'm well aware that this post is quite likely to do just that, so.... sorry).

Seanie

Re: Seanie V Noel (a spot for the lads to duke it out)

Post by Seanie » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:33 pm

I do take offense to this post. Have a read of the thread again. I neither sought out, or partook in that disgraceful outburst yesterday. And I won't capitulate to such nonsense or be dragged down to that level.

Brendan, as a current ICU board member labeling a topic "Seanie V Noel (a spot for the lads to duke it out)", when the Noel you are referring to is the Treasurer of the ICU and sitting on the ICU Executive committee! I hope your title for this thread will at least earn you a solid rebuke at the next meeting. And frankly if the ICU had any sorts of standards, Noels outbursts would make a board or executive members position untenable, but I don't see that happening given the current stuff that passes for acceptable behavior by the ICU board (and I do mean the entire board).

Brendan, while you are here and posting can you also please give us an update on these topics:

- The short advertisement period and lack of national advertising for the ICU General Manager Position.
- Will the ICU board reintroduce Kilcullen's motion of no confidence in the Executive board? And if not why not (with actual valid reasons)?
- Where are the ICU's audited accounts? Why aren't they being circulated to the clubs in advance of the AGM?

best,
Seanie