FORMAL REQUEST TO TAKE A POSTING DOWN REFUSED

Irish Kayaking and Canoeing discussion forum.

Moderators:Seanie, EoinH

noeltal
Removed by User

Post by noeltal » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:30 pm

Removed by User.
Last edited by noeltal on Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seanie

Re: FORMAL REQUEST TO TAKE A POSTING DOWN

Post by Seanie » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:58 pm

Seanie wrote:
noeltal wrote:On what basis do you think that an invasion of anyone's privacy especially when it is not welcome is allowable?
Noel. No ones privacy was invaded.

You have problem with someone giving praise to your twenty something year old son on the forum for the work he has done on the ICU website, fine. Bob asked me to removed it and I did. But it was not in anyway an invasion of privacy or anything coming close. I had no clue as to the real reason he was asked to remove the posts.

You then made the allegation that Bob posted in an "inappropriate manner". I asked you to either amend this statement or I'd post exactly what Bob posted in order to refute your nonsense. That led to what can only be describe as several outbursts by you. I'm sure your son is more embarrassed by your posts that by anything Bob ever posted.
The topic in question:
http://forum.iww.ie/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=970

noeltal

Removed by User

Post by noeltal » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:34 pm

Removed by User.

Seanie

Re: FORMAL REQUEST TO TAKE A POSTING DOWN REFUSED

Post by Seanie » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:04 pm

Noel, given the context of this argument. And the allegations you have made, both against myself and others, it would be unfair to remove the posts.

You made statements of this nature:
The facts are that I took exception to one of Bob's posts which referred not only to me but also to my son in what I considered to be an inappropriate manner.
who the fuck do you think you are and how dare you talk to me or about me or any member of my family like that? I can take criticism - I put my self up in public and expect to be abused but I do not expect my family to be abused and certainly not by you.
When the reality is neither I nor anyone else made any abusive statements about you or your family. This is the comment you took exception to:
BOBs Post wrote: Well Leftism
The good news is some mebers of the board accept the lack of communications from "the ICU" is a major weakness .
Noel Talon for one proposed a blog of some sort to keep members updated for instance. I would be keen on an ICU facebook page ( the Marathon facebook page has worked well) You canbt beieive the difficulty we had even getting a "Liffey Descent" tab set up on the ICU web page - a big thanks to Peter TAllon for making this happen. There is literally tonnes and tonnes to do to get the ICU even close to beingon the right track - so if your interested or willing contact us ! Bob
To remove the comment in question now would remove the much needed context and display your outburst in its true form, utter nonsense.

For bewildered onlookers you can get the full context of this issue on this thread.

I have locked this thread. As always If anyone wants to reopen this thread to post for whatever reason, please PM me and I'll reopen it.