CENSORSHIP ON SEANIE'S WEBSITE

Irish Kayaking and Canoeing discussion forum.

Moderators:Seanie, EoinH

noeltal
Removed by User

Post by noeltal » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:06 pm

Removed by User.

Seanie

Re: CENSORSHIP ON SEANIE'S WEBSITE

Post by Seanie » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:28 pm

Here's a link to the post in question:
SEANIE YOU HAVE GONE TOO FAR NOW FUCK OFF!

Noel, you are the only person who has sought to have anything removed form this site, asking Bob to remove his posts and now you are on about censorship. I did not remove any of your posts, not one single word. I merged them with a thread where they were vaguely on topic. Please let this be the end of it.

noeltal

Removed by User

Post by noeltal » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:22 pm

Removed by User.

Simon92

Post by Simon92 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:32 am

Seanie, in the interest of trying to end this argument slightly earlier, but more due to what Ross said in the wishlist thread about it being one of the most productive threads and it being derailed, please just put Neol's post as a separate thread. Mainly because of the derailing thing......

Seanie

Post by Seanie » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:53 pm

Done and locked. If anyone wants to reopen this thread to post for whatever reason, please PM me and I'll reopen it.

On the topic of censorship. I am anti-censorship. I believe in an openness and transparency. I think this forum is testament to that fact. I'm trying to create a place where people can be heard, no matter what they have to say, but there are legal limits of course. In the past number of years we've only had to remove one post for legal reasons. Users are free to edit, amend and remove the content they have posted, you can request this at any time and I'll do my best to help you out. If you are concerned about the content of another persons post please contact me and I'll look into that also ([email protected]).

This forum is visited by hundreds of people daily (~250 unique Irish users each week day, averaged over the last six months), many of whom don't comment, but use this place as a source of information. I understand the responsibility I have to everyone who has contributes to or uses this site and I'll continue to work on it, I'm open to input from everyone.

noeltal

Removed by User

Post by noeltal » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:16 pm

Removed by User.

Seanie

Re: THE MOST SERIOUSLY DISTURBING POST OF ALL

Post by Seanie » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:48 pm

I have sent you my private contact details. I have also unlocked the topic in question and merged this topic.

I locked the posts because your outbursts are effecting other users of this forum. Kindly keep your posts with relation to this issue to one thread. These are common "on topic" rules found on any forum.

If you take issue with anything on this site, please email me at [email protected] with examples of the offending text, your issues with it and I will look into the issue. I will take action if necessary.

So far the complaints you have made are without grounds. You have not substantiated one single claim you have made.

From what I make out you are trying to bully me into submission, well good luck. I await your legal action. I have the height disrespect for your actions here. Threatening me with legal action is a new low.

noeltal

Removed by User

Post by noeltal » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:57 pm

Removed by User.

Seanie

Post by Seanie » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:16 pm

Again, I've merged your new thread with this one. And again, I'm utterly baffled.

Seanie

Post by Seanie » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:25 pm

I received this email form BOB:
BOB wrote: Perhaps you can post follwoing for me;

All

When I put the original posting up I did so believing I was posting on some relevant information that would not offend.
Clearly some people were offended with references to individuals, a mistake on my part, something I did not plan or anticipate.
Moving on I now see a large number of substantially more controversial (in my opinion) topics and postings, furthermore I see my name repeatedly referenced in this rather negative context. Can I ask that going forward I am not refered to explicitly but as "a person posted" as I would like to distance myself from the whole procedings.
As I have apologised for the in appropriate mistake and tried to mitigate the damage can I ask that the same opportunity is afforded to myself

Kind Regards

Bob
And for context, BOB had no issue with me re-posting he's post in response to Noels issues.

Let this be the end of it, Noel. For the love of god there's nothing to be gained form it, its going in circles.

clara

Post by clara » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:47 pm

Dear Mr Tallon, 
After reading all your recent posts and as a member of the ICU I don't feel your behavior is acceptable. As a member of the board you have a duty of responsibility and if you feel you were wronged a public forum is not an appropriate outlet to express your issues. 
As a member of the board you represent the sport, ICU and us the members. I personally don't want you representing me. 
Clara 

davefarrell

Post by davefarrell » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:34 am

As a member of the organisation,I can only agree with you.

canned

Post by canned » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:13 pm

I've never experienced censorship on this site - I've noted that Seanie has at times made some things available/unavailable on the frontpage but that's not censorship when the posts are still available.

In terms of noeltal's constant acusations and name calling I can only regarded it as something which has to be motivated by something other than the original referred to post which doesn't leave room for interpretation. There simply was no attack on anyone and it is simply not inappropriate to praise anyone, regardless of family connections or age.

It's because of the above apparent inability to review a simple post and the completely outlandish accusations and almost schizophrenic reaction that leaves me wondering what level of damage to the credibility of the board has occurred.

Shocked and amazed.