2011 Short Movie Awards

Irish Kayaking and Canoeing discussion forum.

Moderators:Seanie, EoinH

12prod
2011 Short Movie Awards

Post by 12prod » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:47 am

Hi there!

Never posted on this forum, but been on it a good few times!

I looked at the statistics for our videos 2 days ago and this website comes up as the most loads/plays for this year, excluding facebook :-)! Thanks a lot for all those clicking on the play button! Hope you weren't disappointed in the end!

We(12prod) have been selected for the 2011 Short Movie Awards held by Kayak Session mag, and we need your help...

It's easy, just click on the following link and select our Movie "Just Water", http://www.kayaksession.com/best-short- ... s-2011.php

Then submit your vote! Easy! For more info on 12pro just go to our fb page www.facebook.com/twelveproductions , website is nearly finished

Thanks a lot for your support!

Ciarán.

PS: Filming tip: Do NOT film in an airport, especially at customs area, they do NOT like it.. trust me. That was in London, maybe Dublin is more chilled out about it!

devvrox

Re: 2011 Short Movie Awards

Post by devvrox » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:33 pm

Done. Good luck. Your videos kick ass !!!

Seanie

Post by Seanie » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:39 pm

I'd say I'm responsible for a good few of those votes, I love watching it. Best of luck with the competition.

christramp

Post by christramp » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:12 pm

Done - Brilliant production !!

Clyde

Post by Clyde » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:52 am

Yet again it seems that like the "Rider of the Year" Awards the only winners of the awards seem to be almost all Tribe riders or Bomb Flow/Demshitz team. I mean obviously Rush Sturges, Tyler Bradt, Evan Garcia, all the things they do are huuuuuge and they deserve the publicity that they get. However I think for the awards they do it seems you have to be dropping 100 footers to some wobble bass for a video to be interesting to them.

In the rider of the year awards in the carnage it was all focused on landing upside down from a fall, whereas Jason Rapers entry with his swim on the Lledr which actually was carnage and was a true beating as it lasted over 50 seconds! And with the short film awards, the awards seem to be going towards absolute elite paddlers again pushing boundries to the limit. What about showing where that all started like with the short edits that Bren and Pringle did for the Youth Freestyle series. Its great to see what such young people are achieving for their age aswell as what hench, canadians can do of falls.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy watching the Bomb Flow episodes and the footage from the whitewater grand prix, but I think it should be spread more freely throughout the whole paddling community!