Riot Kayaks

Irish Kayaking and Canoeing discussion forum.

Moderators:Seanie, EoinH

ruairi og
Riot Kayaks

Post by ruairi og » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:26 pm

Hi Folks.

I was wondering if anybody could give me some information on the quality of Riot's plastic, in particular the magnum. Considering buying one but heard the plastic on the new boats is not great?? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

robm

Re: Riot Kayaks

Post by robm » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:52 pm

Ruairi Og,

Can't comment on the Magnum as i'v never owned or paddled one but have a Sniper for the last 10 years and it has served me very well. It's certainly been put through it paces and has only taken 10 years for the plastic to crack. That said it's easy repairable.

Hope this helps,

Rob

christramp

Post by christramp » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:00 pm

Heya,
I have the 2010 magnum & Astro and they have served me well, there has been lots of speculation about Riot plastic but I cannot personally see any issues with them. The manufacturing has changed over to China and the new magnums have improved with floating backbands and built in buoyancy, Ive trawled every site in regards to the new boats and havent seen anything on them. Im going to order a new 80 in a few weeks time. Personally ill never change from a Magnum
Chris O

ruairi og

Post by ruairi og » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:30 pm

Cheers for the info. I have paddle the boat a few times. really nice boat, great control.