ICU AGM Voting Bloc's

Irish Kayaking and Canoeing discussion forum.

Moderators:Seanie, EoinH

Adrians
ICU AGM Voting Bloc's

Post by Adrians » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:25 pm

Hi all,

I'm sure you are all aware of all that is currently going on in the ICU and that an AGM has been called for the 26th of November with the venue still to be confirmed.

People are always confused when it comes to how the voting works.
25. Each Delegate at a Delegate Meeting shall cast votes on behalf of and in accordance with the wishes of the ICU Registered Club that the Delegate represents.

26. Each ICU Registered Club shall received votes in direct proportion to the number of Senior Members on the current nominal role held by the Honorary Secretary of the Union. The specific ratio shall be one vote per club plus one vote for every 10 Senior Members 2009_start or part thereof, 2009_finishup to a maximum of 12 votes per club.

27. Individual members may group to form a voting bloc or blocs.2003_start Any such voting bloc must consist of at least ten ICU Individual Members.2003_finish One of their number shall be nominated as a Delegate or Delegates in accordance with the procedures as contained herein and shall cast votes in accordance with the preceding Article.

28. Each incumbent member of the Board shall be entitled to cast one vote at a Delegate Meeting and each member of the Board shall be recognised as a Delegate.
I have highlighted the important part / the bit that most will be interested, for those who are ICU or TDU members but not attached to a club but would still like your voice to be heard you can attend the AGM and speak on motions for discussion but if you would like to vote on anything or to be able to balance things up against those who are voting by proxy of larger clubs or vote a voting bloc needs to be formed before the AGM.

I'm not sure can a voting bloc be formed prior to AGM by Proxy or if you have to be in attendance, its something I will try find out.

Thing is its happening next month so now is the time to get organised if you want your voice to be heard and vote to be counted for what you think is right.

Adrian