TDU Training provision in the Future– have your say

Irish Kayaking and Canoeing discussion forum.

Moderators:Seanie, EoinH

Seanie
TDU Training provision in the Future– have your say

Post by Seanie » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:39 pm

Geo wrote:Attached is a PDF of a proposal that restructures how TDU skills and instructor courses will be run in the future. In summary, the office will cease to be a provider of courses, and the existing network of tutors and instructors around the country will be able to take on responsibility for running courses on the TDU’s behalf, provided they are adequately insured.

The TDU will take on a roll in moderating standards on these courses and will advertise and promote courses on the providers behalf.

We are presently seeking feedback and comments on this proposal. The closing date for feedback is Friday 17th of September.

The proposed model essentially formalises the interm arrangements that have been there since last May.
I couldn't find an attached document, but I must say I like where this is going.

Adrians

Re: TDU Training provision in the Future– have your say

Post by Adrians » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:19 pm

Geo speaks about it in the new TDU newsletter HERE

paupier

Post by paupier » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:01 am

Attachment is up there now.

Attached here for reference, in case it slips off of the front page of the TDU website.
Attachments
Training & Development Unit course provider options.pdf
(103.63KiB)Downloaded 519 times

Rob Coffey

Post by Rob Coffey » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:48 pm

Just had a quick look at this. Fantastic, finally a logical and fair method of training provision in Ireland. Great work by all in the TDU
And thanks to Benny for all his hard work over the past few years without whose hard work over the past few years this system could not have been implemented.