Prepairing for an ICU EGM

Irish Kayaking and Canoeing discussion forum.

Moderators:Seanie, EoinH

Seanie
Prepairing for an ICU EGM

Post by Seanie » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:04 pm

As you might be aware, some individuals are calling for an EGM. To what ends, I don't know. But I'm sure they will have lots of votes behind them.

So please make sure your ICU membership and your clubs ICU membership is up-to-date. If its not please contact the ICU office ASAP and get it sorted.
http://canoe.ie/Information/Membership/ ... fault.aspx

dave f

Re: Prepairing for an ICU EGM

Post by dave f » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:01 pm

Hey Seanie,

I'm fascinated by all of these goings on, fair play to you for taking the stand you have. I was there at the 2009 AGM and remember you flagging some very good points! By the way, do you know if TDU membership counts the same as ICU membership? I think I'd like to go along...

Thanks

Dave 8-) :P

Adrians

Re: Prepairing for an ICU EGM

Post by Adrians » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:57 am

Hey All,

I haven't been on in a few days and just caught up with all of the goings on EGM's / selective letter sending’s looking for support for aforementioned EGM's and now it looks like this is going to happen.

Having attended and being vocal in past AGM's I'm reasonable clued in as to how things seem to go for the most part. From what it looks like those calling for this EGM belong to some of the largest voting groups who regularly attend AGMs. I personally will be attending the EGM / AGM whatever comes first and will be supporting the current executive. This will not be out of any misplaced sense of loyalty but because I believe we need to allow the current process to take place without being suffered by any questionable motives by a potential new committee.

I would suggest that anyone who is part of a club whom does not normally take part in AGMs please try mobilise them to take part or try securing their proxy vote. As an individual member I am in the position where I can only vote if I am part of a voting bloc, this is something that has to be set up prior to the EGM/AGM.

Also does anyone know what potential motions those whom are calling for the EGM are proposing?

There is so much else that could be said in reply to the other posts but I think its best try keep things as simple as possible.

Adrian

EDIT RE VOTING BLOCS

From this thread
Votes for members registered as Individual Members

In order to mirror the already existing voting structure for clubs at an AGM, a motion was adopted at the 1995 (I think) AGM that voting blocs of individuals who had registered as Individual Members would also have a vote similar to that enjoyed by ICU Registered Clubs. The motion adopted was that a voting bloc of at least 10 Senior Registered Individual Members could cast 1 vote. Obviously if a voting bloc consists of 20 Senior Registered Members it would have 2 votes. Each voting blocs must have a minimum of 10 Senior Registered Individual Members. A Senior Individual Member is considered to be a person of 18 years of age. On the day of the AGM if a voting bloc of Individual Members is formed each bloc appoints an AGM Delegate from within the bloc to cast its vote.