TDU AGM & Agenda - 16th April 2011

Irish Kayaking and Canoeing discussion forum.

Moderators:Seanie, EoinH

paddymcc
Re: TDU AGM & Agenda - 16th April 2011

Post by paddymcc » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:31 am

Hi Sarah,

If you are interested in finding out more about the TDU or the ICU then come along to the AGM and ask some questions, Young freshly qualified instructors are the future of the sport and you might have some ideas or thoughts on the processes you have gone through to get your instructorship that could help improve the system.
This year there is also afew workshops being run the day of the AGM so there is a chance to pick up some new skills.

The AGM allows a chance for all the Instructors in the country to come together hear what has been happening through out the year and what the committee has been working on and also to get feedback on how the award system is working for people.

All the upto date info should be on www.tdu.ie relatively soon.

Hope to see you all there.
Paddy

www.irishcanoekayak.com

Alex

Post by Alex » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:42 pm

Hi Folks,

In reply to Peter's post earlier in the thread, take a look at this post on the TDU website and that may be another good reason to go to the AGM. http://tdu.ie/index.php/2011/03/cpd-wor ... o-tdu-agm/

Cheers
Alex
http://www.outdoordiscovery.ie

Seanie

Post by Seanie » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:39 pm

How did it go?

Adrians

Post by Adrians » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:06 am

Hey,

The TDU AGM was ran in conjunction with a contionous prefessional development (CPD) workshops in various things for TDU members which say a great turn out and brough people from all over the country. These were a great success and I think anyone else who was there eould agree with me.

The AGM its self was pretty drama free, I will scan and post the agenda and chairmans report later on when I get a chance.

The biggest thing from me was that after many many years for service to the TDU Paul Donnely (Great Outdoors) the Chairman stepped down and Kevin O'Callaghan (aka Geo GMIT Castlebar) was ellected Chairman. Most will know of Paul but not too many will know of the massive work he would have done in the backround over the years.

If the ICU did "life membership" Paul would be a deserving candindet for sure.

In all between the CPD and well attended AGM it was a success with things moving forward and some good stuff to come on line over the year.

As I said I'll post the agenda, minutes and reports later.

Adrian