Roads cameras

Irish Kayaking and Canoeing discussion forum.

Moderators:Seanie, EoinH

EoinH
Roads cameras

Post by EoinH » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:28 pm

I've been using the NRA weather information a lot at work lately but they can be very handy too if you've a long drive to do also especially in this cold snap. There are now also a good few cameras up on the M50 and the other motorways. Take it easy out there. There is 20cm of snow forecast for the Louth/Dublin/Wicklow region tonight.

http://www.nratraffic.ie/#

MikeS

Re: Roads cameras

Post by MikeS » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:20 pm

Hi Eoin,
Just wondering if you know what the new ip cameras are for that were newly installed on some of the nra weather stations around the new motorways, for example the one at the M9 interchange on the M7, would be cool tho be able to access these.

EoinH

Re: Roads cameras

Post by EoinH » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:33 pm

Ok so those NRA cameras are not as good as I thought since they don't update all that often.

The new cameras were installed on the motorways by a company called Vaisala. They provide all the councils, PPP's etc with detailed road weather data of particular use during the winter. These are pretty handy as they provide a snapshot of the road every ten minutes. Unfortunately this is a subscription only service but if anyone is interested in having a look ping me and I'll send you the login details.