Pyranah karnali??

Irish Kayaking and Canoeing discussion forum.

Moderators:Seanie, EoinH

tomas
Pyranah karnali??

Post by tomas » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:26 pm

need to get a new Creek Boat...Anyone have any experience good or bad with the Karnali, seems to have good on line reviews.Also seems to be a couple of hundred euro cheaper than other riverrunners/Creekers.

Will be used on G3/4 and hopefully a trip to Alps next year.
Any opinions?

J.K.

Re: Pyranah karnali??

Post by J.K. » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:42 am

I paddle a Mac 1, going to buy a large Karnali when I get the funds. They're big, comfortable, lighter than the Mac 1, and a lot more responsive.

Simon

Post by Simon » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:13 pm

Hi,

I paddle a Karnali M. I've used it on most of the rivers in wicklow and in italy this year when we had the water to run everything. Most of the reviews i've read about it are spot on. I'll list pros and cons i've found of it so far for you (i've had it a year)

Pros.
Amazing stable, Straight line speed very fast, Great boof, great resurfacing, very good plastic (dented both back and frontx2) it took serious knocks and dents have come out on there own. very good outfitting. good room behind the seat.
Cons.
I've found that its not the most agile boat out there it can turn sluggishly and feel a little unresponseive at times, need to undo one side of the seat ratched to access space behind seat, quite long you really need to be nailing lines to get into small eddies......nothing else comes to mind at the moment.

Conclusion
you won't get as good a boat for the money! i've found its inspires confidence to run harder stuff. seriously solid on 4/5. I really really like mine its done everything i've asked of it taken a bit of a kicking and kept going. Really don't think there is any reason to spend more money on a different boat. Don't let the price put you off this is a great creeker for a beginner or someone pushing on to harder stuff.

Micheal Mc Sweeney

Post by Micheal Mc Sweeney » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:57 pm

I have a Karnali with about a year now. Normally used in Kerry but I took it to the Alps this summer.
Great boat. Dose exactly what it says on the tin.

tomas

Post by tomas » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:46 pm

Hey, thanks for the replies,good to get the opinions of paddlers who have used one.
Will try and demo one and take it from there.