Help please!

Irish Kayaking and Canoeing discussion forum.

Moderators:Seanie, EoinH

mike.c
Help please!

Post by mike.c » Fri May 07, 2010 4:36 pm

Which maker(s) offer good customer care? I need a new boat (creeker) but want one that will last.
Last edited by mike.c on Sat May 29, 2010 9:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

frostie

Re: Help please!

Post by frostie » Fri May 07, 2010 5:36 pm

You want a creekboat that will last you say?

http://www.eskimo.de/english/kayaks_acc ... index.html

mike.c

Post by mike.c » Fri May 07, 2010 6:48 pm

Thanks, I was thinking of the PURE. Any other ideas?

J.K.

Post by J.K. » Sat May 08, 2010 12:22 pm

Seanie wrote:You want a creekboat that will last you say?

http://www.eddyflower.com/ShowBoat.aspx?BoatId=238

mike.c

Post by mike.c » Sat May 08, 2010 2:14 pm

No to Dagger, others ideas? Has anyone paddled the Pure?

J.K.

Post by J.K. » Sat May 08, 2010 5:18 pm

Never heard of it.

mike.c

Post by mike.c » Sat May 08, 2010 9:17 pm

muirs

Post by muirs » Mon May 10, 2010 10:52 am

mike.c wrote:but want one that will last and if it splits is covered
Ok, I can't be the only one who wonders about that statement?

Analogy: you buy a car, you drive it for a year, you hit it off a gatepost reversing into the driveway and dent the bumper... Do you go back to the manufacturer and tell them their car is faulty?
You buy a boat, you paddle it for a year, you hit it off a rock and it cracks and.......?

(p.s. I am mostly only trying to cause trouble and wind people up here, but I do still think it's a bit cheeky to automatically assume the manufacturer will replace something you have broken)

rlynch

Post by rlynch » Mon May 10, 2010 12:17 pm

I'm also curious to know why you think a manufacturer should cover a split creeker?

Ross
We would leave home in the morning and could play all day, as long as we were back before it got dark. No one was able to reach us and no one minded!

J.K.

Post by J.K. » Mon May 10, 2010 1:05 pm

I guess it depends on how it broke, but most people will automatically jump to the conclusion that it's the boaters fault, and he's trying to pull a fast one.

mike.c

Post by mike.c » Fri May 21, 2010 11:18 pm

I'm quite sure a boat is meant to be able to run a river with out cracking and if it is sold as a creeker it should be durable! So any one who can drive have any ideas, please.

rlynch

Post by rlynch » Tue May 25, 2010 11:21 am

So you would like a creek boat manufacturer with a minimum two-year warranty and a no-quible policy? Those seem like very high expectations.

I'm not saying your boat was broken through your error. But how to prove that to a manufacturer? Or should they take you on your word?

Surely if creek boat manufacturers offered such a policy they wouldn't make a whole lot of money?

Maybe it's just part of the sport and if choose to chuck yourself down wet rocks you should accept that your gear will have a limited lifespan. Or maybe not; I've seen 10-year old creek boats in fairly good nick. But it's really impossible to say what makes them different from the breaking of your boat… paddling style, bedrock, manufacturing, materials, maintenance, etc.

I think there are too many variables for a manufacturer to offer the sort of guarantee you're looking for.

Ross
We would leave home in the morning and could play all day, as long as we were back before it got dark. No one was able to reach us and no one minded!

mike.c

Post by mike.c » Tue May 25, 2010 8:53 pm

kernel wrote:So you would like a creek boat manufacturer with a minimum two-year warranty and a no-quible policy? Those seem like very high expectations.

I'm not saying your boat was broken through your error. But how to prove that to a manufacturer? Or should they take you on your word?

Surely if creek boat manufacturers offered such a policy they wouldn't make a whole lot of money?

Maybe it's just part of the sport and if choose to chuck yourself down wet rocks you should accept that your gear will have a limited lifespan. Or maybe not; I've seen 10-year old creek boats in fairly good nick. But it's really impossible to say what makes them different from the breaking of your boat… paddling style, bedrock, manufacturing, materials, maintenance, etc.

I think there are too many variables for a manufacturer to offer the sort of guarantee you're looking for.

Ross
The question was, which manufacture will stand by their warranty, any one have any happy tales of good customer service? I looked after my last boat, and after the poor service, will never buy from them again!