Glens Race Footage (crowd sourced)

Irish Kayaking and Canoeing discussion forum.

Moderators:Seanie, EoinH

Seanie
Glens Race Footage (crowd sourced)

Post by Seanie » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:13 am

Hey folks,

So the Glens race is on again this year Woop! well done lads.

So I was thinking that it would be great to get some good footage of the race. And I figured out that footage from one camera wouldn't be that great, as it would miss lots of the action. The only solution would be for a few people to video the thing. Clearly the Limerick lads have loads on their plate just organising the thing, so I'll not be wrecking their heads with this.

So what I was thinking was that a few of us could meet in the car park before the race and we can agree what areas we will cover. We could also agree what aspect ratio to use (16:9) etc. And if needed, one of the lads who have worked as a video boater could give us a few pointers on how to video white water properly.

Then at the end of the race I could collect the footage on a hard drive or get the tapes from you, then I could put the video together.

We could do a centralised edit of the thing , by getting one guy to edit the lot together. But I'd be in favour of giving copies of the raw (semi edited down footage, with the footage all put together in chronological order) on DVD(s) to as many people as possible so they could try their hand at editing it. This would be available a few days after the race.

What do ye think? Would some of ye be up for videoing or editing?

Adrians

Re: Glens Race Footage (crowd sourced)

Post by Adrians » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:18 pm

Seanie,

That's an awesome idea, the Glens has to be one of the most photogenic rivers in the country and I could only imagine with a small bit of effort put into the filming of it the results could be off the scale.

Adrian

tiernan

Post by tiernan » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:12 pm

That's an awesome idea, the Glens has to be one of the most photogenic rivers in the country and I could only imagine with a small bit of effort put into the filming of it the results could be off the scale.
lets hear it for captain obvious!

Seanie i'll help! would love some experience video editing... i'm gonna try out for TVB next year!

kjt

Post by kjt » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:16 pm

Sounds like a brilliant idea. I'll probably pop down to shoot some shots!

Seanie

Post by Seanie » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:16 pm

Good stuff. I'll be in the car park 1 hour before the race starts.

If anyone else is interested in taking part pop a post up here or drop me an email at [email protected]

Seanie