Good rivers around Dublin / Wicklow

Irish Kayaking and Canoeing discussion forum.

Moderators:Seanie, EoinH

Tony W
Re: Good rivers around Dublin / Wicklow

Post by Tony W » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:40 am

tommurph wrote:. We are not intrested in play boating or any of that retarded stuff.
Sounds like "Tom" is on a bit of a wind-up

bryanrichardson

Post by bryanrichardson » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:39 am

you don't have the required knowledge to be able to differentiate between river types.
I hope your not insinuating stupidity on Tom's part Seanie!! :shock: he sounds like a very worldly intelligent chap, I mean he went out and bought a Zydeco for god's sake! and a life jacket and everything.

J.K.

Post by J.K. » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:13 pm

How bout you go and shite, OP

tommurph

Post by tommurph » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:21 pm

Well it looks like it is hard to get some information on this board so sadly this will be my last post. Thanks Seanie and Bryan your'e post were helpful.

I know I may be a bit prejudiced and my post's might come across as a bit blunt but I can assure you that I am not homophobic. My theory that any kind of oraganised gathering of people is inheritley gay has just been compounded, but I suppose each to their own. I will be going it alone with my bum intact.

Thanks anyway

tiernan

Post by tiernan » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:24 am

Hey Tom

Hope you are still tuning in and get to see this.

I get your inherent mistrust of large groups of strangers. If the Ryan report has thought us anything its to be understanding of what you went through. I only hope that in time you can work out your problems and someday enter some basic form of social activity. I know it will take along time for you to accept this... but what happened was all in the past, and it was not your fault!!!

To answer your original question (where to find a flat river or lake for flat water kayaking) I suggest you go into any shop, buy a map and look for the big fucking blue blots and lines scattered all over the country. These are called lakes and rivers. The bigger they look on the map the more chance they are flat water (i.e. no current). If you shop around you may even find a map that overlays roads so that you can find the closest point of approach of a road to a body of flat water! Failing that there is a bit of water on the coast of Ireland. Head in any direction of the compass and you will eventually find it (its not well hidden).

I hope this helps. might i also suggest you go back and sit the junior cert again.

Regards

Tiernan

Brian

Post by Brian » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:36 am