Another new kayak company.....?

Irish Kayaking and Canoeing discussion forum.

Moderators:Seanie, EoinH

Adrians
Another new kayak company.....?

Post by Adrians » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:17 pm

So what do ye reckon folks is this genuine or are the LVM folks having a laugh at our expense....?
LVM website wrote:FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: 07/13/09: LVM Kayaks

Artist renderings of LVM’s new creek kayak, the “Sambo”.

Hey visitors, we have some news here from LVM land. Here’s a little press release that we are quite excited about. Keep checking back here for more updates from the road to OR. Feel free to comment and start getting involved in your kayak company!

ASHEVILLE, NC – Asheville, NC production company Penstock Productions, creator of Lunch Video Magazine, is introducing a new kayak line. “We feel there is a need for more choices for consumers” says Penstock’s President John Grace. “We are launching a line of innovative, athlete inspired boats to help fill that void.”
Grace, who has been conducting market research for 5 years, is asking consumers and professional’s alike what they want to see in a kayak. Kept secret for years, the company wanted to make sure they had their product dialed before introducing the new line. “I didn’t even know about this until several weeks ago” says Will Lyons, the company’s brand manager.

LVM plans to release customizable kayaks with a full line of accessories. “When you pay $1000 for a new kayak, you want to get maximum value for your purchase” say’s Grace. To support this, kayaks will have features such as interchangeable outfitting to fit all their designs and revolutionary new Compression Deck System for safely running large waterfalls.

Grace and his secret team of designers draw from a combined century of paddle sports experience to produce the most high performance, top shelf products available to the market today. Tested on the waters of some of the hardest runs in the country, these boats have a pedigree like no other. “When assembling my design team I want to be sure I have input from the top boaters in the world” reports Grace upon being asked about his design influences. “I don’t want to give away names yet, but expect more info at OR.”
LVM kayaks is producing these boats with new production techniques which Grace reports will change the way the industry looks at kayak production. This process involves a new molding technique which gives LVM the ability to produce and distribute new and innovative designs almost monthly. “Who knows, we may even have room for more direct user input,” hints Grace; “wouldn’t it be great to buy a kayak you know you helped design?”

LVM kayaks will unveil it’s new designs and release more information at the Outdoor Retailer show in Salt Lake City, Utah on 7/20. Keep checking the company’s website LVM for more information and reports from OR.
REF; LVM website

Colm

Re: Another new kayak company.....?

Post by Colm » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:14 pm