Upper Liffey Gauge

Irish Kayaking and Canoeing discussion forum.

Moderators:Seanie, EoinH

jammamba
Re: Upper Liffey Gauge

Post by jammamba » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:25 pm

Hey...not sure what the story is with the Upper Liffey Guage but I can attest from personal experience that the river was runnning a little on the high side late afternoon today and this evening... :roll:

lorcanon

Post by lorcanon » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:08 am

I think the guage is pretty accurate. I went through Manor Kilbride Sat night about 7pm and it was huge - it was overflowing into the fields and the big u-turn in the river was gone. I passed back a couple of hours later (I live nearby) and it was even more huge. I went to check the level at the get-on about 7:45 Sun morning and it was just barely do-able. All of that seems to agree exactly with the guage.
Lorcan

jammamba

Post by jammamba » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:17 pm

Yeah... it certainly was huge...we got just after 6 or so expecting the usual 20-30 min blast down but didnt get off until after 8-and yeah it was on the high side alright...Checking the guage next day (Sunday am) it indicated this alright; I just made the mistake of not checking how often it was updated..I guess in an ideal world situation it would be better if it were possible, to update the guage more often... :roll:

MikeS

Post by MikeS » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:46 pm

Hey Guys,
The new version of software on the gauges allows for an update to be sent once the river reaches a certain trigger level, this will allow people to see when for example the river starts running. Its already setup on the Glens and i think on the Liffey one too. Seanie has a new Gauge page which i think is nearly ready to go which should include these updates.
We'll see how this works out and maybe then can set it up to update alittle more often. Laters
Mike

Seanie

Post by Seanie » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:42 pm

I was hoping to have the new page up before i came to france. I'll be back next week, it should be up and running by the following week.

Seanie

lorcanon

Post by lorcanon » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:43 am

Hey Jammamba,
What was it like at that level. Was it really runnable, big holes, washed out.....? What was the drop at the end like?
Lorcan

Joec

Post by Joec » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:21 am

Upper Liffer Gauge is temporarily out of action - just trying to get some of the gremlins out of it which are causing it to not update daily, before the days start getting shorter.
Joe.

lorcanon

Post by lorcanon » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:04 am

In case anyone is wondering - I had a look at Upr Liffey today (Thurs 2 July) about 9:00am and it's runnable, just about. It's raining on and off so it might hold up for a while.
Lorcan

Joec

Post by Joec » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:45 am

Gauge re-installed on Saturday and all appears to be working fine now
Big thanks again to Daithi for his time spent troubleshooting the issue.
Joe
(http://www.lircc.wordpress.com)