Doug Ammons lectures

Irish Kayaking and Canoeing discussion forum.

Moderators:Seanie, EoinH

Brian
Doug Ammons lectures

Post by Brian » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:32 pm

Doug Ammons is doing a European wide tour lecturing. Hes stopping off in the UK.
Wouldnt it be great if we were to organise to get him here to do a talk?

details here: http://www.davemanby.com/News.aspx

J.K.

Re: Doug Ammons lectures

Post by J.K. » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:49 pm

It'd be pretty cool alright, and even better to get to coincide with some event organised too.

J.K.

Post by J.K. » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:06 pm

I'm on to Doug at the moment seeing if it'd be feasible to organise a talk here, probably in Galway, round the end of March. Would people be interested in travelling to it? As he puts it, the "show starts in the broadest terms and funnels into one of the most challenging and beautiful places in the world, the Grand Canyon of the Stikine."
He ran it solo a few years back, and from reading the site and testimonials, it seems like a riveting evening.
Anyone interested?

Brian

Post by Brian » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:07 pm

Fair play for getting in touch with him. I reckon i should be able to muster up a group from DCU to go. It would make it a lot easier to get members if it were in a more central location but its up to yourself.

Caitríona

Post by Caitríona » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:46 pm

I'd be up for that I'd say,it sounds interesting!

J.K.

Post by J.K. » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:00 pm

Brian wrote:Fair play for getting in touch with him. I reckon i should be able to muster up a group from DCU to go. It would make it a lot easier to get members if it were in a more central location but its up to yourself.
I agree, somewhere like Ballinasloe or Athlone would make for an easier drive for a lot of people, but there are already freestyle team trials in Clifden that same weekend, so I'd say a lot of people will be in Galway anyway.