Kayaking books

Irish Kayaking and Canoeing discussion forum.

Moderators:Seanie, EoinH

Brian
Kayaking books

Post by Brian » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:14 pm

Im thinking of getting a few more kayaking related books. Not instruction related ones, just river stories etc

Anybody got any reccommendations?

I was reading the book "Running the Amazon" by Joe Kane a while back...good read
Anybody know the name of the good book written about the ill-fated attempt on the TsangPo?

jimkennedy

Re: Kayaking books

Post by jimkennedy » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:46 pm

I think this is the one you mean: "Courting the Diamond Sow : A Whitewater Expedition on Tibet's Forbidden River" by Wick Walker. I have a copy of it somewhere, but haven't got around to reading it yet.

Jim.

dave g

Post by dave g » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:56 pm

try whit deschner's "travels with a kayak."
Helps if you have a warped sense of humour though.

EoinH

Post by EoinH » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:18 pm

You'll find the story of the "ill fated" expedition to the Tsangpo well documented in "The Last River" by Todd Balf. I read this a few years ago and thought it was pretty good though a bit too in depth.

Pesda press have recently published "Tall Stories - Andy Jackson a biography", which I have yet to read but just going by the recent article in KS about his life I'd say buy it!

muirs

Post by muirs » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:26 pm

EoinH wrote:Pesda press have recently published "Tall Stories - Andy Jackson a biography", which I have yet to read but just going by the recent article in KS about his life I'd say buy it!
Yup, I had a quick (2 hr!) flick through this one recently and what I saw looked pretty good. Some impressive photos and an interesting story.

Muireann