Irish paddlers?

Irish Kayaking and Canoeing discussion forum.

Moderators:Seanie, EoinH

gumboots
Irish paddlers?

Post by gumboots » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:36 pm

I'm from Pennsylvania and I've been to Ireland once before and absolutely loved it. A freind and myself have been kicking around the idea of backpacking through a few countries an Britannia always comes in conversation (he's welsh, im irish/german). How easy would it be to find outfitters (or just folks willing to lend gear and/or guide / run shuttle). We've been paddling in the north-central Appalachians for a few years and call the Stonycreek watershed home. The kayaking community ins't very popular or adverstised, but is always full of nice, genuine people. The route would be Wexford>Killkenny> ~~ >Belfast (Larne), scraping by, earning a meal shower etc. often as possibly, and paddling as much as we can. Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

tiernan

Re: Irish paddlers?

Post by tiernan » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:48 pm

not many people are gonna want to paddle with you if you call ireland part of Britannia!

get in touch with any college kayak clubs near whereever you are going, thats probably your best bet to get paddling in ireland!

GrahamClarke

Post by GrahamClarke » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:21 pm

feckin' Canadians!

gumboots

Post by gumboots » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:48 pm

I'll keep those in mind. Good to see im not the only politically incorrect mug on here.