Looking for a video...

Irish Kayaking and Canoeing discussion forum.

Moderators:Seanie, EoinH

Seanie
Looking for a video...

Post by Seanie » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:13 pm

I'm looking for a video I've seen online a while ago, of some guys setting up a video rig on a wire above a river. I've search and search without any look. If anyone knows where I could find it, I'd be very appreciative.

dave f

Re: Looking for a video...

Post by dave f » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:27 pm

Hi Seanie,

I think you might be referring to the Dactylcam system? I remember seen it referred to in a video on the Teva mountain games. The video is gone now (it used to be referred to in the "Good Kayaking Vids" post, but it is no longer on youtube or Vimeo. Try Googling Dactylcam though, that was how they got some of those shots.

All the best

Dave

mikef

Post by mikef » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:44 am

I remember a video some guys made as an entry for the IR Vacation to Hell competition, where they had a steel cable from a truck on a bridge to a tree with two guys on a stretcher type thing, one operating the camera, the other controlling the speed. I think it was the same year The Range Life won in 2006 and it might have even been those guys entry, Bryan Smith was the main guy in the range life he went on to make those "The Season" podcasts I think? Can't find it online now but might have it on an LVM dvd I'll have a look tomorrow.

Adrians

Post by Adrians » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:32 pm

Seanie wrote:I'm looking for a video I've seen online a while ago, of some guys setting up a video rig on a wire above a river. I've search and search without any look. If anyone knows where I could find it, I'd be very appreciative.

Seanie,

I have it saved here, I'll dropbox it to you tomorrow.

Seanie

Post by Seanie » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:33 am

Thanks guys!

J.K.

Post by J.K. » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:31 pm

Janey mac, I've been looking for that one too for ages. Mike, it's the one where they anchor it to their jeep, right? And it starts sliding toward the gorge when they put weight onto the system, yeah?